[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Share yo' desktops!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Share yo' desktops!

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Share yo' desktops!

Postby Kerreth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:51 am

This past weekend sucked. I left my computer to defrag before I went to work, and when I came back, a vital Windows system file was corrupted, and the system wouldn't boot... not even to Safe Mode. I tried *everything* I could find for the errors it was giving but alas, I just had to give up and reimage the whole thing. Thankfully I had all my files, but when I was playing around with the Aero settings, since I had to set up my wallpapers again, I figured, hey why not try something new? So I did.

Your turns!

(Wallpaper source: I just modified it a bit by moving it all over to the right.)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Share yo' desktops!

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Current desktop. I change it often, because I have to do something with the over 12000 images (and growing daily) on my computer.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:40 am

I like to keep my desktop clear of clutter so it looks nice and I have all my steam, skype and music windows on my other monitor. The wallpaper is a peice done for me by some very amazing people you all might be familiar with ^.^

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Alexx » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:05 am

It's a pic of He-Man and Skeletor fighting. Picture was done up by an awesome SOB at Fwoosh.com; he puts SO much work into his toy pics. These happen to be my favorite incarnations of the rivals, so this worked out great as a background!

Here's a crazy thing: I've got two other pics of older desktops from other threads like this in other forums. Both of them were taken in august of past years. So....here we are again. Time for the august desktop pic!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Librari » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 am

Awesome, and I agree that last one is great. I was surprised that Kogasa was the only one I have. I have my Touhou folder in my image archive broken down by character, so it's pretty freak'n big.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Nice action shot of my favorite sports car of all time, the Audi Quattro. Sure it looks ugly, but it hauls buns across any kind of road and I want one when I have the money to collect classic cars.
/no1

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby ThePaul » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Because reasons. /no1

I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alanzi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 pm

I've got two monitors. I've shrunk these from 1920x1080 since it seems to go past the forum boundaries, but they still go off the right side, egh.

Anyway, here's the main right one (from Xenoblade Chronicles):

And here's the left (Final Fantasy XIII-2):

I really need to change them. I've had a bunch over the years, from The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy Tactics specifically, but I've had these for a while now. I just like scenes like the left one with the big futuristic city, though; it makes you feel like you could explore it with friends so peacefully or something.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Yeahhh, the forum's always been a little wonky. ^^ Looooong ago, when we started LiA, Cecilia was really into wanting to code the sites herself, learning along the way.

I was surprised and happy to see the Xenoblade Chronicles one!~ I'm such a huge fan. +u+ I've never played through the game, but I've listened to someone playing through it twice while I was working. /desp I still haven't actually SEEN much of the game, so there'll still be some surprises when I finally play the game one day. ^^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things