[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:50 am

Finally got around to playing some more shovel knight and man do I love that game. It's so much fun and ridiculously charming. The titular character is so freaking awesome I want one in my house, and don't even get me started on the sound and music design, the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. All in all I highly reccomend playing it, even if you don't like the oldschool 2D platformers.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:51 pm

YES!!! Shovel Knight is super fun, so I second fixxxer's recommendation! /no1

I've been playing some more Civ 5 because I'm too poor for Beyond Earth... Uhm... I also jumped into Tomodatchi Life and the Mii Plaza games on my 3DS a bit more lately, so that was nice. btw, if anybody wants my 3DS number, btw, go check out the Aggro 'round the Interlands thread on top of the gaming board and click on the Gamer Tags link. My info should be on the second page.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:43 am

You should get Fibbage for your next party-type situation.

Fibbage is essentially a multiple choice quiz game where the wrong answers are provided by the players. First, the game provides a statement with a blank in it, and the players have to fill in that blank with a lie that they think they can get other players to pick. Then, everyone's lies plus the truth are displayed on screen, and you have to pick out the truth. If you get it right, you get points, but if you pick someone's lie, that person gets points. Most interesting about it is how the game uses phones and other mobile devices instead of controllers. You'll need one controller to boot up the game, but instead of having to get a bunch of special controllers or keyboards or whatnot, everyone plays with a mobile device (phones, tablets, ipods, even laptops, though it's probably pretty easy to cheat on those), where they can enter their answers in secret. Plus, you don't need to download a mobile app, the game works with surprisingly almost nonexistant latency (on a home wifi network, at least) via the mobile web browser. My family loves it.

Fibbage is I think $7 by itself, but I'd go with buying the Jackbox Party Pack for $25, which contains Fibbage XL (supposedly more questions) along with 4 other party games (and only 1 of them is shit).
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Been playing a lot of Dead Island: Epidemic. For those that don't know, it's a Moba with WASD movement, making it feel a bit more like a Hack n' Slash than a Moba. There are PvE and PvP modes (well there is a second PvE mode, but it's serves as more of a Tutorial), and the goal of both is to collect as much loot as you can. In PvP you have 3 teams of 4 all competing to get the most loot. In PvE, four players wander around a map, completing objectives that award loot, which they then have to bring back to their home base. More loot for doing better at the objective. Both modes are covered in hoards of the Undead, that just want to munch on your flesh.

The PvE mode was just added, replacing the old one, that had you killing waves of zombies at different locations on a linear path and ended in a big zombie boss battle. I much more enjoy the new mode, because it doesn't become unwinnable if someone disconnects and if someone dies at any point it doesn't ruin your chances of getting the maximum reward from the mode.

The only thing I dislike about the game so far is that the grind for unlocking new characters is real and the characters are mad expensive in real cash, too. It feels like they want you to combine grinding with a bit of spending cash, as the currency that you get for spend real human money can be converted into the currency used for purchasing characters to play. I guess the devs gotta eat, too, but I just wish that it wasn't lobster they were dining on. /swt2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Librari » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 pm

I couldn't live without my Skyrim fix anymore and got it for 360. Without mods I'm forced to endure the crappy vanilla game start, so I tried to come up with a character concept that actually made sense with the whole execution thing. It turned out much better than expected. :3

Belladayne (Breton female) is a mage from Cyrodiil, specializing in espionage. With the rising threat of the Stormcloak rebellion, she was reassigned to Skyrim, posing as a refugee with the intent to infiltrate Ulfric's circle of confidants. Her contact in the Stormcloaks, who was supposed to arrange for her convenient 'rescue' by Ulfric's entourage in Eastmarch, was her brother. Unbeknownst to her, however, he had been contacted by the Blades (who initially suspected he might be dragonborn), and had defected as one of their agents. The Thalmor had learned of this, unfortunately, and he was already imprisoned when her mission orders arrived at the dead drop. Instead of forwarding orders to General Tullius to allow the infiltration, the Thalmor forged new orders to capture Ulfric based on this new intelligence, and forged a response back to Belladayne luring her into the same trap. The Thalmor intended to neutralize this spy, who they believed was defecting alongside her brother, while also dealing with the Ulfric problem at the same time.

When she arrived, an Imperial ambush reinforced by Thalmor mages was waiting for her. A spell they cast rendered her unable to use her magic to escape, leading to her capture after a short chase. All was going according to plan, right up until her head was on the chopping block. For even the Thalmor could not have foreseen that this very chain of events would fulfill the Prophecy of the Dragonborn...

It's been pretty fun playing as her so far. Bella's on the run and hiding in the College of Winterhold for now. She has to re-learn all her spells, but since she's just remembering things she 'forgot', she's advancing rapidly in skill. Right now she has no idea who betrayed her, or why. I'm going to have her discover what her brother was doing, along with the date of his execution, when she rescues Thorald Gray-Mane from the Thalmor prison. Then there will be some bloodshed. Unlike me, Bella is not a 'good' wizard. /gg
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Pie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow Librari, you put a lot of thought into the story of your character!~ XD It sounds like she's from a story you're writing or from DnD creation. XD Do you do this whenever you start fresh in Skyrim? Bear and I actually hadn't gotten too too far in the game. Is Skyrim's progression really free roaming enough to support that kind of narrative freedom okay? It sounds like it'd be hard to come up with your own different personal story that melds well with the events in-game on multiple playthroughs.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Eccs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Sounds like Librari puts a lot of effort into thinking about character development for Skyrim. A bit ironic that your mage is hiding in the mages college, considering there's that pretentious Thalmor mage there.

Just on that what classes/character build/race does everyone like to go for?

For me I like to go dual wield dagger/bow stealth mostly usually Khajit. And skills in Smithing and Enchanting for self sufficiency. Although this build is usually pretty bad if you are doing quests where an npc hangs around you like a bad smell so you cant actually sneak up on people. (Specifically Farkas and Vilkas /grr )

Good thing about the build is clearing drauger is so easy walk up and poke !!! /no1 However clear speed is at an ants pace since always sneaking /sigh
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Librari » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:14 am

My policy on sneaking is 'close enough to summon Frosty the Frost Atronach'. :P

Yes, I put a lot of thought into character development. I've been trying to avoid Ancano as much as possible. Eventually the college questline will force a conversation with him, and it will be time to pack up my things and disappear Forever or at least until I can chop Thalmor into kibble.

I actually restarted and only went to the college for the 30 gold flame atronach. This time I'm hiding in the Ratway with my buddy Brynjolf instead. A change of hair color and some war paint since the start is helping to keep the Thalmor off the trail, but I'm starting to gain an uncomfortable amount of notoriety because of all this questing and dragonslaying. Maybe it's time to retire off my 'earnings' from the Great Honningbrew Heist of 4E 201 and hide in the wilderness building a Hearthfire house and cultivating a poison garden. That'll teach them for double crossing me!

Pie, sometimes Skyrim is a little too free roaming. I've got over 30 active quests right now, and I've mostly stomped around in only 2 cities! Forget quest obsession, this game is quest ADHD! /heh
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Ok, so for the past few days this holiday season, I've been playing a little game called The Banner Saga. It's a super cool strategy RPG that's based off of Viking mythology. The gameplay is fun, but still has some depth to it. The other cool thing about this game is how lovely the art style looks. It can go from making a character look mysterious and majestic, to gritty and battle-hardened very quickly and I really love it!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby busyyuu » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:23 am

I don't play much in terms of rpgs anymore these days because I know my OCD-esque tendencies will just lead to me sacrificing basic human needs to play... like eating and sleeping. ^^; The last one I played was Fallout 3, and I pried myself off it as soon as I reached the ending because despite having spent 40 hours on it by that point, I knew I could easily spend another 40 just finishing what I hadn't done yet. And I'm not going anywhere near Skyrim since I've heard it's basically a fantasy Fallout. ^^;

So I mostly just play fighting games these days instead. UMVC3 is my vice, but I also play TTT2 and 3rd Strike (very badly ^^;).
busyyuu
Undeclared
Undeclared

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise