[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Purgeoning
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

The Purgeoning

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

The Purgeoning

Postby Alexx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 am

Whoo boy, those early Anime days. It was a time when we'd watch ANYTHING. There were some terrible things I'll never go back to (Apocalypse Zero, M.D. Geist, etc) but there were some that I still look back on with some nostalgia. Not that I'd own them, but nostalgia....yeah, I think that's a good way to put it.

THE PURGE, though, that's different! We own a lot of games, but I wouldn't call it that large of a collection, compared to others. It's large, say, to my family members who aren't gamers, but to the general community of people who play video games: It's pretty basic. Still, there's a certain point where you have to look at that random PS2 game you got years ago because the cover looked neat and the reviews said it was okay and just....maybe, let it go. Along with some others.

Then, of course, you continue keeping games you've never played and have no idea WHEN you'll play them. My wife and I collected various Wild Arms games, but have only touched one of them so far, and didn't even get that far. But we still PLAN to....so they stick around. That's a lot of the games on the shelf, for some reason or another.

I'm not even gona get into toys. Oh man. If there's anything that needs a major purge, it's toys.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: The Purgeoning

Postby busyyuu » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Fei, you're going to hate me, but I think I actually remember that anime you purged :3 In fact, I believe you even showed it to me at one point! YOU CANNOT OUTRUN YOUR PAST! >:D
busyyuu
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Fuujin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 am

Waaaaaaaay back in days of yore, 2002 I think, I saw a bumper sticker that said "ANIME: Crack would be cheaper." I just wish I had a phone with a camera back then. /swt2
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Librari » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:01 pm

I've purged a lot of really old (we're talking 5 1/2" floppy old) games, and honestly I don't feel like I made much of a sacrifice when I inevitably download them and realize how much nostalgia shielded my view of them even beyond the grave. I probably ought to get rid of some original Game Boy games, really. /hmm
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Fuujin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 am

Man I had a shoebox full of those disks. I would still have them if it wasn't for losing them while moving. I gave away my old gameboy games to my cousin though, and I think he sold them to funcoland. /swt2
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares