[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Divine Porpoise
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Divine Porpoise

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Divine Porpoise

Postby Fuujin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:07 pm

/swt2 does the dolphin exhale his blow after he... blows his load? /swt2 you'd think he'd get dehydrated /heh
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Divine Porpoise

Postby Kerreth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 am

Playing DA:I without playing the other ones first. That's a bold move Cotton, let's see how it plays out. :P

I can't imagine how it is playing Inquisition without having played at least Origins before. There's so much background behind the mage/templar thing that I just can't recommend it without having played at least one of the previous 2.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:20 pm

I feel like getting just the right amount of side content is an art form itself, and then of course whether or not it's too much or too little depends so heavily on the player. As far as Dragon Age goes, I've only played partway into the first two and have not played Inquisition yet, so I cannot directly comment, though these days I take high levels of criticism from fanbases with a grain of salt.

The problem for me is that lately I have less time for games, and have also developed less patience. I do love large worlds, and of course I love the side quests that go with them. I think the best of these do something that stands out and helps build the world a little. The quests themselves may not all be unique, but they could involve a character with an interesting personality or introduce world lore from a different or deeper perspective. I like games that give a list of facts to read (even if I have been ignoring them lately). The database section of Colony Wars was one of my favorite parts of that game, just because it helped establish the world. So while a lore related quest might not tell you something you don't already know, game creators could introduce it in a deeper way.

It's when quests - and sometimes the games themselves - start to feel like busy work that I lose interest, and yet, I hate to leave an available quest undone. The completionist impulse is of course my problem, and sometimes simple quests are good just to get extra money, items, experience... whatever you need. Just, add something, make it worth the effort, is what all of these words are trying to say.

I may not necessarily play it. Lately I crave simplicity in games. I grew up on RPGs and love them, both modern and old style, so I hope I get that patience back again someday. And I hope game makers challenge themselves to make all of their side content interesting in at least some way.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Librari » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Oh, I really liked the scanning compulsion introduced by Metroid Prime for that reason. You learned a lot of lore and even useless trivia like info about an inconsequential pipe by using that scan visor often.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares