[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Triad Trouble
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Triad Trouble

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Triad Trouble

Postby Kerreth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:13 am

Best server message. :/

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Triad Trouble

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 am

Oh man. You guys are making me want to play this.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Bear » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh man Adol, you need to join us!! Sorry Kerreth, but we're on the Siren server otherwise we would have hooked up with you on Brynhildr =x A friend of ours was on Siren and was pestering us to play for a long time and I'm so glad we did. So yeah!!! Join us on Siren Adol lol

Yeah, this message is so dumb; not only does it feel the need to tell you constantly in every zone, but some zones are split in playable and unplayable areas that aren't new loading zones. I was walking back and forth from the Drowning Wench in Limsa to the Maelstrom headquarters to turn in dailies and get mats from my retainer and got the sort of wonderful notice spam that Kerreth has on display. Apparently playing outside of the inn is tantamount to heinous criminal acts.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 pm

It does seem like a good time, but at this point I'm lucky to get a few hours a couple days a week to devote to games. So busy. If I do find the time I'll definitely look into it though.

...a few hours later.
Yeah I just placed an order for it, so maybe I'll pop on at some point.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Bear » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Yay!!! :D Pie and I are excited you decided to Adol!

I, and to a lesser extent Pie, are on Steam regularly so it's probably the best way to get in contact with us outside of game (combustibear and pienappo) which is great for coordinating play times and all that, though not mandatory. Once you are ready to take the plunge and start your first month, let us know so we can hook up in game, get friend/linkshell/fc (guild) invites. I'm playing as Cecilia Reincast and Pie is playing Lilicia Savistra.

We're not even that far and Pie and I both have low level classes that need to be leveled in order to get our secondary classes, so it's a good time to join in so we can play together. No pressure in starting immediately though if things are super hectic for you right now though; we'll be around and always have something to do together ^^
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 am

Oh i moved over to Ultros after a month or so, lol. Guess I never really posted in that other thread after the first few times.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Oh, that's funny Kerreth. When Pie and I started our trial period a few months back, we started playing on Ultros randomly; we still have level 15 characters there, as a matter of fact. I think we got a few levels in when I thought in hindsight to have looked up what server you were on. We figured it was no big deal since, at the time, we had planned on only playing for the 2 week period.

We also thought that our characters would be wiped from the servers because SE has a notice that they would be if we didn't purchase the game within 90 days, but lo and behold, our characters were still there when we started up again.

How is the community on Ultros? I know it's rather popular with the NeoGAF and some other big game communities making it their home. Do you raid? Have you been playing steadily the whole time? If so, what are your thoughts on how well SE did in providing new content over the course of release? From an outsiders perspective, it seems rather impressive, but I'm curious how it felt from an insiders perspective.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Well... I haven't been playing steadily. I actually haven't played for almost a year. I played for about 3-4 months total, unsubbed, and am only on now because of the free week. This was back during... 2.1? 2.2? Whichever patch added in the Extreme Primals, Haukke and Copperbell Hard Modes, Pharos Sirius, the first Crystal Tower, King Mog, Ultima Hard Mode, the housing, but before "Atma grinding" was a thing. I liked the game, but I didn't really know anyone in my guild besides the 2 people I joined with (from WoW), and I was always on much later than anyone else was (timezones are an even bigger issue when you work full time and have to commute in rush hour, unlike when I was playing WoW in college and lived like 15 minutes away), and the long solo DPS queues kinda took its toll. I did manage to get my Relic Weapon and its upgrade, and a couple of gear pieces from Crystal Tower (and that SICK dark green i90 SMN coat, not the light green one you get just for reaching 50, no the sick dark green one. it's so cool.), but I didn't do any endgame raidy progression after that. I'm not really sure of the community feel of Ultros, tbh, I play MMOs really insularly, and didn't really interact with many people outside who I knew and my guild.

That said, I did notice when patch notes got posted to r/ffxiv (by the way this comic is posted there i didnt do it) and hell, they added a lot to this game between then and now. They didn't even wait for an expansion to put in an entire new class (rogues/ninjas), for starters. Since I stopped, there's 2 new Crystal Tower sections, 2 more Binding Coils (the endgamiest of the endgame), several Hard Modes of existing dungeons and bosses, several original new dungeons, several new Primal fights, more things for the retainers to do aside from being your bank and auctioneer, and that extremely elaborate marriage system (Like have you read about that? You have to like, schedule a timeslot for the ceremony and send invitations and there's a bunch of options for the ceremony if you pay a bit of real money. It's nuts!) among other things. Also, you know, the Golden Saucer. I think every patch had something really good and significant.

I actually haven't done anything as a SMN since logging in for free week, because I really don't know where to start. I unlocked the Saucer, and took the deluge of quests that it dumped on me to show me where all the new stuff starts, and then my eyes went cloudy, I switched over to CNJ which I had at like 15, and started healing a lot of low level dungeons. Instant queues are great, and already having Swiftcast and Eye for an Eye doesn't hurt either. :P

There's a lot of things I like about the game, like how the class progression is a lot simpler. There isn't like, talent trees and 3 versions of the same class for every class, yet each class has its own flavor, even if they're the same role. SCH and WHM play differently from each other; BLM and SMN; DRG, MNK, and NIN; etc. Even simple interface stuff, like tab-targeting making an audible "click" when you switch targets, and the big targeting arrow, are great. But then there's a lot of things I notice are very shamelessly grindy, like the aforementioned Atma grind, along with almost everything that involved your relic weapon after the first upgrade. Actually, wait, the first upgrade too, that involved getting tomestones, which wasn't nearly as painful, but still grindy. I also hate hate HATE the crafting, but that seems to be just me. I also haven't tried the controller UI at all, and everyone I hear who talks about it loves it. I think I'm just too used to keyboard/mouse for these kind of games.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Fuujin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:00 pm

I hovered over the comic and saw the text.... oh the horrible memories... screw that micro machine hiding behind the annoy-o-tron!!!
Cast your fate to the winds!
Fuujin
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 pm

HELLO HELLO HELLO
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares