[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Memories We Share
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

The Memories We Share

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

The Memories We Share

Postby Adol The Red » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Always game for a FFT reference.

FF14 is a lot of fun so far. My character is Ada Th'red, so hopefully we can meet up on there soon, Bear and Pie (and anyone else who might be on Siren). Originally my getting my feet wet character, but Siren was full up when I went to make another, so I'll just stick with her. Engrossed pretty much immediately. Love the world. The map took a little getting used to, but only in as much as getting familiar with any game. I sort of wish arrows for quest objectives would lead you to exits if the objective is on another map, but I've gotten around that.

The housing system looks cool, and it makes me want to stick around long enough to get some real estate. But when I saw someone stomp up on Magitech Armor as a mount, I had a goal. All in all a great time with the game so far. The only drawback I'm finding is trying to log on to a full world. I've been the only person in the queue those times, but it's a little frustrating. If they restrict how many people can join a world, why is it taking me so long to log on? I hope this can be worked out, because it would be the only spoiler. There is only so much time to play and waiting twenty minutes or half an hour before I can even start does put a damper on things.

Still, a lot of fun once I'm playing.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Re: The Memories We Share

Postby Rei » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:03 am

Oh, so you're Ada? Wasn't aware of that. :P (I should be easy enough to guess)

The Log in queue shouldn't be that bad at all, and it really doesn't take much time. You should see Balmung, that server is ALWAYS FULL, EVERY HOUR. I think i had a queue up in the 200s? I don't recall, but i didn't take that long. The only issue is trying to make a new character there, etc. Transferring is easy enough. As for a new character on Siren, just wait till later in the night, I was able to make my lalafell then. :D

You should hit me up for dungeon runs, i've been leveling marauder on my lalafell and he can run some of the low level dungeons. :P But he's sadly catching up to his main class of Arcanist @_@
Rei
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Adol The Red » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm

I was told that the problem I was having logging in was more of a bug, and it hasn't been a problem since then. As far as dungeons go, I've been waiting till I run into them naturally before delving into them. Once I got access to the airship I started doing all the low level quests in the other regions, and I've also been distracted by the Gold Saucer, so the story has slowed down a little for me at the moment.

Still a lot of fun and I was celebrating winning my first ever chocobo race.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:00 pm

And now I can't even try to play till Monday. I bought a PS4, but of course when I tried to connect it to my PSN account, it sent a verify email. The thing is, I had a first run PS3 originally, and was using a different email account than I use now. So far as I can tell, the account on my PSN ID no longer exists. I've tried to change it before, but could never figure out how (they tell me it's really easy though).

Point is, I can't log on to PSN from any device, including my PS3, which is what I play the game on. I called PS support, but the one thing I need to get past this problem isn't working right now. So... you know... I'll actually have to do something else during my free time.

This is the part where my eyebrow twitches. I just hope I can get around this without too many other problems. Really should have seen this coming, but I guess I didn't think far enough ahead.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

Aww...that's a shame Adol =/ I hope you'll be able to resolve it relatively smoothly with PS support once you're able to get in contact with them. Also, congrats on getting the PS4 =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am

Whew, issue handled. I guess normally you need the serial number of the unit the account was established on in order to bypass an old email and reactivate the account, but that original PS3 died on me after many, many years of dedicated service. I used that at as a PS2, PS3, DVD and a blueray player. Well, for everything, so I did not feel cheated when it died. When I got my new one, I didn't have any problem logging into PSN, so I didn't anticipate it now. Point is, I did not have the original unit or the box it came in, so they had to transfer me to a supervisor. We got it worked out, though, so I am pleased.

Funny thing about the PS4 is, when I was looking for a game to buy with it, none of them stood out to me, and I probably just should have waited. But buying one of the next gens with my tax return was the plan, and an Ys game might come out on it later (Vita too, but hey). I ended up getting the GTA5 update on it, which I will freely admit was probably a waste of money. If I had not been able to solve this problem I would have considered buying this PS4 a really bad decision, but tech support came through for me.

I may transfer my game of FF14 to it at some point, but probably not anytime soon. At least I can play it again now.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Happy to hear things worked out well Adol. =D I've been looking forward to seeing you in game. XD

-and congrats on getting your PS4. I hope you're blown away by the upgraded visuals and performance!~ I heard that there's quite a noticeable difference. =3
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Bear » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Hey Adol, SquareEnix is having a promotion that ends tomorrow (Mar 31st) to switch your PS3 version of FF14 to the PS4 version for FREE.

Otherwise you would have to pay for a new copy of the game. So, I highly recommend doing that before it expires as it seems there is no reason not to now that you own and play on a PS4.

Here is the link: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:20 pm

I suppose I should. I was looking forward to playing tonight, but this is gonna take hours... I also don't wont to go over the data limit. I share it with my landlord and his family, and if I go over it's gonna cost more than the game. We have a ton of data, but still, so much to download...

Well, I'll think about it for a while. If I don't show up in the game that's because I'm downloading all the data.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares